Thursday, March 21, 2013

Sketching the Puppet

 Another great class on Wed.
The bone tool brings to life all of our sketches. It can be used to connect separate movie clips, and it can be used to add movement to shapes by creating several bones.
  I am trying to figure out how to get my sketch up on the blog. My scanner is not working and my phone for some reason will not send the pic to my email. I will hopefully have it up before the end of tonight. If not I will draw it in illustrator and place that up as a last resort.
  Anyways, my puppet is a monster who has long arms that almost touch the ground. His body and head are connected as one part and his legs are thin with big feet. I think I will use the bone tool to create movement in the arms, hands, legs and feet. I might try to create movement in his big toe by creating an object outside of the puppet and attach it to the toe, something like we went over in class. The background is going to be a dark alley that doesnt have to much detail other than recognizing some of the objects placed in it such as trash can, cars or light pole. 


Decided to go with just a city theme behind the monster. The idea is the typical monster in a city destroying stuff.

5 comments:

  1. Shawn: Please attach, or insert an image of your sketch, so we can comment on it. Thanks - h

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your sketch is very cute and fun. It reminds me of the movie Monsters inc. Instead of the big toe, maybe you should redirect that attention to his big eye. That would be very huge character design. Also, you could add some detail into the mouth area. Something like teeth, his tongue, or esophagus dangle thingy. The background idea is cool and I think it will fit the character's design. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of the eye. I think I will work on that. Yeah it is the only kind of monster that popped in my head. I did not realize it until you said it. I was thinking something simple to draw. All my nieces and nephews must have influenced my thinking. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Raven on this, he does look kinda like Mike Wazowski. Before I came up w/ the Idea for my centaur I originally thought of doing something like Sully (the blue monster) from Monsters Inc. but decided to go w super grover, but then decided to go w/ the centaur. I like Raven's idea w/ making the eye a part of what moves because it is a focal point on the monster. But he also has long arms and legs that will provide a lot of fun movement, so it may not be necessary. Very nice background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great background idea, I concur. The idea of the character entering over a hill is different. I look forward to seeing what you do with the arms, if they will have 3 sections, or work like rubber bands and have no limbs. Good work.

    ReplyDelete