Since I did not get to stick around for class I am not sure what you guys covered. I decided to take something out of chapter 6 and discuss it.
ActionScript 3.0 - from what I understand it adds to the usage of Flash, and is not too complicated. I came across a site that suggests that it should be the first programming language we use. The syntax is somewhat like other C-Style languages. It is structured like javascript and would provide a good foundation for beginning web developers.
Overall, it sounds like it will help in learning other languages in the future.
Here is the link I got the information from : http://tiffanybbrown.com/2010/08/23/why-actionscript-3-0-should-be-your-first-programming-language/
Hi Shawn: Thank you for posting even with all the things going on. Hope your mom is doing ok.
ReplyDeleteI do not agree with the statement that Actionscript should be the first programming language you learn. Maybe because I do not master it, and find it hard to make sense of. Html is so different and much more simple. Actionscript, like Javascript, consist of a lot more statements you put together to get something done.
I am trying to invite an Actionscript expert to lecture in class, to make up for my lack of skill....
Let us know if you need any help with this week's assignment.
Hey bub, we mostly worked with buttons in class from what I remember. Check out this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKj1IgWJd-A . The guy is a bit of a tool But I caught on to what he is teaching. Plus he has a whole series to look through to get you started.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the information. I will review the link....
ReplyDelete